Spice up your casserole! It is easy to make, and easy to feed a crowd! Great for a party or for dinner with leftovers, everyone is sure to enjoy!
- 12 ea. Corn tortilas
- 1 lb. Ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 ea. Jar of marinara sauce
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 2 c. Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 c. Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. Yellow onion, diced
- 1 ea. Roma tomato, diced
- 1 ea. Packet of taco seasoning
- 1 T. Avocado oil
- For the Avocado Crema Drizzle:
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/4 c. Sour cream
- 2 T. Milk, 2%
- 1 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 t. Garlic powder
- To taste, Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, warm avocado oil and add ground beef and onion. Brown beef until thoroughly cooked (approximately 10 minutes) and stir in taco seasoning until well combined.
- In a 9x13 glass pan, add one third of the marinara sauce. Evenly distribute half of the corn tortillas, one third of the marinara sauce, and one half of the cheese, ground beef, tomatoes and cilantro. Repeat this step.
- Cover the glass pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take off the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add avocado, sour cream, milk, cilantro, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until smooth to form the avocado crema drizzle.
- Once the casserole has cooled, add the avocado and drizzle the avocado crema drizzle.