- 4 ea. large slices of rustic bread
- 1 ea. large can of tuna in oil, drained
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ea. medium green apple, diced
- 1/2 c. packed cheese, shredded
- 4 ea. baby garlic kosher dill pickles, diced
- 2 T. butter
- 2 t. dijon mustard
- Pinch black pepper, ground
- Mash avocado in a medium bowl. Add tuna, mustard and cheese. Mix to combine.
- Next add apple, pickles and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Set your panini maker to medium and preheat. Divide tuna filling among half your bread slices (keep the unbuttered side facing the filling).
- Top the filling with another slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Place on preheated panini press (a hot, cast iron skillet will work, too; use a weight like a lid on top of your sandwich) until golden. If using a cast iron skillet, don't forget to flip sandwich after 1-2 minutes and cook the other side.
- Remove from heat and place each sandwich on a plate and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!