- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ea. croissant dough, pre-made
- 1 ea. green onion, finely sliced
- 3/4 c. chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/8 c. cheddar cheese
- 1/8 c. walnut pieces
- 2 T. chopped parsley
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- 1 T. dried cranberries
- 1/2 T. dijon mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven according to croissant package instructions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine avocado, mustard and mayonnaise and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add chicken, onion, cheese, cranberries, salt, pepper, parsley and cayenne. Mix to combine.
- Follow package instructions for rolling out or separating croissant dough into 8 individual triangles. Evenly distribute filling and place at the lower, wide end of croissant dough triangle. Then roll into a croissant, rolling wide end to narrow end. Don't over-stuff or your filling will spill out as the croissant bakes. Repeat until all croissants are filled and rolled.
- Place stuffed croissants on baking sheet and bake until golden, as per package instructions.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!