- 1 lb. flank steak
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. salt, divided
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted & peeled
- 1 T. lime juice
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1 ea. loaf of Italian bread, sliced lengthwise
- 1 c. salad greens, roughly chopped
- 1 ea. large tomato, sliced
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Rub seasoning mixture over both sides of steak.
- Place steak on a rack in a broiler pan. Broil steak 2 to 3 inches from heat source and cook until desired doneness.
- Remove steak from heat and transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- In small bowl, coarsely mash avocado. Stir in lime juice, ground red pepper, and remaining salt until well combined.
- To assemble, spread avocado mixture on top half of loaf. On the bottom half, layer beef, salad greens, and tomato; cover with top half. Cut crosswise into 4 pieces.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!