Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 10 oz. goat cheese
- 6 ea. slices thick-cut bacon (about 6 oz.), cooked until golden and lightly crisp and chopped
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico ripe, halved, pitted, mashed
- 1 T. finely chopped jalapeño seeding optional, or more to taste
- 1 T. finely chopped shallots
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 6 ea. pita bread
- 3 T. toasted sesame oil, divided, more if needed
- 1 T. sumac, or more to taste
- 2 t. lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese with the bacon, avocado, jalapeño, and shallot, mix well until fully combined.
- Add salt to taste if need be.
- Brush the pita breads on both sides with two tablespoons of toasted sesame oil and set on a baking sheet.
- Generously sprinkle with sumac on both sides.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until toasted but not burnt. Scrape the dip onto a bowl, make a dimple in the middle of the dip and pour remaining tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Sprinkle all over with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Break the pita bread into pieces and serve on the side for people to dip the pieces in the dip or spread the dip on the pita bread.