- 4 ea. corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 ea. small tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 c. fresh spinach
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 ea. lemon, juiced
- 1/2 c. button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 c. firm tofu, dried and crumbled
- 2 T. avocado oil
- 2 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/4 t. turmeric
- 1/4 t. smoked paprika
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. cumin
- 1/4 t. salt
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the avocado, cilantro, tomato, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes, if you like it spicy.
- In a bowl, combine crumbled tofu, spices and olive oil. Stir until fully mixed.
- Heat oil in a medium-hot skillet and add mushrooms. Stir until the mushrooms release water. Then, add tofu and spinach. Cook until tofu is heated through and spinach wilts.
- Assemble your tacos by evenly distributing the hot tofu mix between 4 warm corn tortillas. Top with the avocado salsa and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!