Recipe by Pati Jinich
Looking for a green way to color Taco Tuesday? Try avocado wrapped up in a corn or flour tortilla for an easy, convenient snack for you or your kids! The whole family can enjoy Green Taco Tuesday! Plus, this recipe features healthy avocados, which taste great and contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 11% of the Daily Value (DV) for dietary fiber, 10% of the DV for folate, 6% of the DV for vitamin E, 6% of the DV for potassium, 4% of the DV for vitamin C and 2% of the DV for iron per 50 g serving.
- 1/2 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 ea. corn or flour tortillas (or 3 tortillas, if desired)
- Kosher or sea salt (optional)
- Heat corn tortillas on an already hot skillet or comal set over medium heat for about a minute per side.
- Place the tortillas on a serving plate.
- Top tortillas with slices of avocado and sprinkle with salt (optional).
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.