Horchata is a traditional Mexican rice-based drink. Although most recipes require soaking rice overnight, this version can be made in less than 5 minutes with the right ingredients. Typically served at meals or sold by street vendors throughout Latin America, this drink has a hearty texture and sweet, cinnamon kick!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, peeled, pitted & diced
- 3 c. enriched vanilla rice milk
- 4 T. salted caramel coffee creamer
- 1 T. honey
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 2 t. ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 t. almond extract
- 3 ea. cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- In a blender, all ingredients except for cinnamon sticks until smooth. Adjust taste by adding more honey and cinnamon as desired.
- Serve horchata in a tall glass poured over ice, and place a cinnamon stick in glass for garnish. Add a pinch of ground cinnamon for garnish if desired.