- 2 tablespoons canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut in half
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (remove seeds before cutting it to make it less spicy)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh, chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla or pita chips to serve
- In a medium bowl mash avocados with a fork without making it completely pure. Add the beans, the tomatoes, onion, chili, cilantro. It incorporates the lemon juice, oil and mix gently. Season with salt and pepper. It serves.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!