This Avocado Toast recipe is simple and delicious! The avocado contributes to nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, making it a great snack any time of day!
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 medium sized Avocado From Mexico
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh lime juice to taste
- Toast 1 slice of whole wheat bread in toaster to desired crispiness.
- In small bowl, mash 1/3 of a medium sized avocado.
- Evenly distribute 1/3 of the mashed avocado on each slice of toast.
- Lightly season with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AVOCADO TOAST
WHO INVENTED AVOCADO TOAST?
Chloe Osborne is often referred to as the inventor of avocado toast. It’s said that she put avocado toast on her restaurant menu after she tried in Queensland, Australia in the mid-1970s.
WHY IS AVOCADO TOAST SO POPULAR?
Avocado toast is popular because it’s delicious, easy to make, and nutritious! Did you know that avocados are a good source of fiber? It’s true! Avocados contain 3 grams of fiber per the recommended 1/3rd of a medium-sized avocado serving.