Guacamole in Pop Culture
Guacamole in Pop Culture (5 of Our Favorite Mentions!)
Besides starring in your favorite party appetizer spreads, guacamole often plays a supporting role in the lives of celebrities, regularly receiving media mentions. From being the focus of celebrity-chef cooking tutorialsto making record-breaking news, guacamole frequently scores time on the tele and features in social media shout-outs.
Here are fivementions of guacamole in pop culture during the past two years –
Headline Guacamole Highlights
- Basketball player Stephen Curry’s wife, Ayesha Curry, shared her favorite guacamole recipe with Ellen DeGeneres Show fans in June. Fresh garlic and Havarti cheese starred in this guacamole-making mention.
- Guacamole made headlines in April 2018 during the 7th Annual Avocado Festival. More than 350 guac lovers in Tancítaro, Mexico, prepared and enjoyed roughly 8,300 pounds of guacamole — the world’s largest serving of guacamole according to Inside Edition and Guinness World Records.
- The dip made local Floridian news in June when an alligator in Lake Alice approached a couple of picnickers enjoying a full bowl of guacamole and some charcuterie favorites. The picnickers were forced to flee, surrendering their dip to the scaly guacamole grabber who ate everything — even the bowl.
Social Media Guacamole Shout-outs
- News reporter Rebecca Buck shared her signature guacamole secret with her Twitter followers last Cinco de Mayo. She wrote, “In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I’m going to share my secret ingredient for amazing guacamole (aside from the obvious, including good avocados). It’s lemon pepper. I’ve tried everything, and this consistently makes a positive difference. De nada!”
- Culinary cool factor and cuteness combine in this dog lovers’ Instagram post, Dogs Who Brunch, featuring a basset hound said to be waiting on a side of guac. His sad eyes communicate the important role of guacamole in restaurant dishes.
Related: See guacamole media mentions before 2018.
Steal the Show
Whether you are scanning through the television channels, your social media feed, or the appetizer table’s offerings, guacamole is a standout snack feature. Visit our guacamole recipe page for ways to feature this famous dish in your next party spread.
Want even more avocado info? Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.