Top your next tostada with black beans and a scrumptious corn and avocado-jalapeño crema! Full of flavor, this meal will provide just the crunch you need for lunch or dinner! Pair with a green salad with salmon or chicken!
- 4 ea. corn tortilla tostada shells
- 1 c. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt, full-fat
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 ea. lime, juiced
- 1/2 ea. small onion, diced
- 1/2 ea. small jalapeño, diced
- 1/3 c. corn kernels, grilled
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. water
- 1/4 t. cumin
- 1/4 t. salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, add the yogurt, avocado, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Process to combine until smooth. Adjust for seasoning and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium high. Add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine. Add black beans to mixture and warm them thoroughly, approximately 10 minutes.
- Assemble tostadas by evenly distributing black bean mixture onto each of the 4 shells. Do the same with corn and avocado-jalapeño crema, plate and serve.