When you’re craving avocados, this recipe’s got you. It’s made with fresh Avocados From Mexico, so you know it’s gonna be goooood. Oh, and don’t forget to bookmark this recipe, because once you try it, you’ll be back for more.
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 ea. large mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 ea. 20-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 1/2 c. green onions, sliced
- 1/4 c. pumpkin or sunflower seeds, toasted
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 3 T. cilantro, chopped
- 2 T. pineapple juice (reserved from can)
- 2 t. jalapeño, minced, or to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado, mango, pineapple, green onions, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, cilantro, pineapple juice, and jalapeño.
- Serve with grilled chicken, fish or shrimp.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!