Take your quesadilla up a notch! Like it a little bit sweet? Or do you like it a little bit savory? This quesadilla is both! Plus, the Avocados From Mexico give this quesadilla a delicious and creamy texture that will leave you wanting more.
- 1 lb. Pork loin
- 1 ea. Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 ea. Green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 ea. Yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 ea. Habanero pepper, minced
- 2 T. Honey
- 2 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 t. Chili powder
- 1/4 t. Paprika
- 1/8 t. Orange peel, dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ea. Large flour tortillas
- 2 ea. Mango, diced
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 ea. Onion, diced
- 2 oz. Brie cheese
- 1 t. Avocado oil
- Cooking spray, as needed
- For the pulled pork: In a large crockpot, add pork loin, mango, bell pepper, yellow onion, habanero pepper, honey, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and orange peel. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the pork can easily pull apart and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, warm avocado oil and add onion. Cook until caramelized (approximately 15 minutes) while stirring constantly.
- In a large pan on medium heat, add cooking spray and a tortilla.
- Evenly distribute one half of the tortilla with pulled pork, mango, avocado, caramelized onion and brie cheese. Fold the half of tortilla with no ingredients over the other half to form a quesadilla.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, cook the quesadilla approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, or until brie cheese is melted.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a large plate and cut into four slices for serving.