- 4 ea. sweet bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise (2 green, 2 red)
- 1 lb. ground beef, 10% fat
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 T. reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 ea. large tomatoes, chopped (or substitute with prepared salsa)
- 2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (or substitute nonfat sour cream)
- Remove the seeds and membrane from the inside of the pepper and slice in half lengthwise.
- Prepare taco meat: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet. Cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Return ground beef to heat. Pour water and taco seasoning over the beef. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes prior to stuffing peppers.
- Stuff peppers with cooked taco meat. Top stuffed peppers with tomatoes, avocados, shredded cheese, cilantro and a spoonful of sour cream. Serve and enjoy!