- 2 ea. 15.5-ounce cans of Cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 12 ea. slices of multi-grain bread
- 1 ea. medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. cucumber, seeded & thinly sliced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 2 c. alfalfa sprouts
- In a medium bowl, mash together beans, oil, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble, layer mashed beans, onions, cucumbers, avocados, and alfalfa sprouts on the bottom slice of bread. Add a second bread slice on top alfalfa sprouts and repeat the same layer of ingredients. Cover with another bread slice. Continue for remaining ingredients making 4 double-decker sandwiches.