- 4 ea. dark rye bread, sliced and toasted
- 3/4 lb. Argentinean shrimp
- 2 ea. bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1-1/2 c. arugula
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- 1 t. dill, chopped
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- 1/4 t. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-high; be sure the whole skillet is coated. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side, for a total of 4-6 minutes.
- Just before the shrimp start to turn pink, add garlic to the skillet and stir. Cook for 30 seconds, remove from heat, put in bowl and cool.
- In a medium bowl, put 1/2 of the avocado along with all the mayonnaise, honey, mustard, dill and salt and pepper to taste and mash until fairly smooth.
- Add the avocado mixture to the cooled shrimp and mix in the crumbled bacon. Stir until combined.
- On each slice of toasted bread, evenly distribute the arugula. Then do the same with the shrimp salad and top with remaining diced avocado and serve.