- 1 ea. 15.5-oz. can refried beans
- 1-1/2 T. reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 c. canned corn, drained
- 1 c. non-fat or light plain Greek yogurt (or reduced-fat sour cream)
- 1 c. chunky salsa
- 1 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/2 c. chopped black or green olives (optional)
- 1/2 c. diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c. green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Tortilla chips to serve
- Combine refried beans with taco seasoning and mix well. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water as desired, mixing until smooth.
- Remove avocados from the skin and mash with lime juice to reach desired texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble: Add 2-3 tablespoons of the bean mixture to the bottom of each cup. Spread into an even layer using the back of a spoon. Add a spoonful of the corn, then avocado. Follow with a layer of a spoonful of Greek yogurt (or sour cream), then a spoonful of salsa. Sprinkle with a layer of cheese, then finish by layering tomatoes, olives, green onions, and cilantro. Store in refrigerator and serve with tortilla chips.