Peanuts and sesame seeds make this avocado dip a crunchy win for your appetizer plate. A hint of sweet and a kick of spice can also jazz up your guacamole snack time when paired with raw veggies or whole grain crackers. Beyond adding delicious flavor, the avocado featured in this recipe also adds nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a healthy choice to help meet nutrient needs.
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 ea. guajillo chiles, stemmed, seeded, & sliced
- 8 ea. scallions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 T. sesame seeds
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 c. fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, & diced
- 1 c. jicama, peeled & diced
- 1/2 c. Japanese-style coated crunchy peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the guajillo chiles and cook for 2 minutes until tender.
- Add the scallions and cook until wilted.
- Mix in sesame seeds and cook until seed are browned. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados and lime juice to desired consistency.
- Fold in pineapples, jicama, and peanuts until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Top with guajillo chile mixture.