Making this guacamole is a two-step process. Make your chipotle jelly first and store overnight. Bananas, orange juice, pineapple and mango create this tropically-inspired guacamole. Topped with bacon, your tastebuds will enjoy salty, sweet and spicy notes in this dip.
- Chipotle Jelly:
- 250 g. cream
- 60 g. egg yolks
- 50 g. sugar
- 6 g. gelatin
- 8 g. chipotle
- Banana Guacamole:
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1 ea. banana
- 2/3 c. orange juice
- 2 T. sugar
- Bacon, diced & cooked
- Pineapple, grilled & diced
- Mango, diced
- Chipotle Jelly: Bloom the gelatin in cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, egg yolks, sugar, and chipotle to 84°C. Add the gelatin and blitz quickly in a blender. Strain the mixture into a dish and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When set, unmold and cut into small cubes.
- Banana Guacamole: In a large bowl, mash together the avocados and bananas to desired consistency.
- Stir in orange juice and sugar until well combined.
- Top with bacon, pineapples, mangoes, and chipotle jelly.