Making this guacamole is a two-step process. Make your chipotle jelly first and store overnight. Bananas, orange juice, pineapple and mango create this tropically-inspired guacamole. Topped with bacon, your tastebuds will enjoy salty, sweet and spicy notes in this dip.
- Chipotle Jelly:
- 3-1/3 c. egg yolks
- 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 T. chipotle
- 2 t. gelatin
- Banana Guacamole:
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 3 ea. bacon slices, diced & cooked
- 1 ea. banana
- 1 ea. mango, diced
- 2/3 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. pineapple, grilled & diced
- 2 T. sugar
- Chipotle Jelly: Bloom the gelatin in cold water (see packet instructions for amount of water needed). / In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, egg yolks, sugar and chipotle to 185°F. / Add the gelatin and blitz quickly in a blender. Strain the mixture into a dish and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. / When set, unmold and cut into small cubes.
- Banana Guacamole: In a large bowl, mash together the avocados and bananas to desired consistency. / Stir in orange juice and sugar until well combined. / Top with bacon, pineapples, mangoes and chipotle jelly.