- 3 EA Avocados From Mexico
- 1 EA Roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1 T Lime juice, fresh
- 1 EA Cilantro bunch, finely chopped
- 1 T Kosher salt
- 1 EA Jalapeño, seeded, devined, and chopped (optional)
- Cut avocado in half around the pit and pull the resulting two halves apart.
- Prepare the avocados by smashing them into tiny chunks until the mixture starts to get creamy using a mortar or fork.
- Finely dice half an onion and put the pieces into a small bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes. Drain.
- Chop the tomato and jalapeño, removing seeds. Chop the cilantro.
- Add onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, fresh lime juice, and salt to the bowl of avocado.
- Lightly mix everything together with a fork until ingredients combine.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!