Bacon guacamole topped with queso and skillet-fried eggs make for a mouth-watering breakfast! Dip and dunk with toasted bread for an all-around avo-egg-cellent start to your day!
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, halved & skin removed
- 1/2 c. crisp bacon, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. prepared queso cheese, melted Velveeta cheese, or cheddar cheese sauce
- 1/4 c. chopped white onion
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T. chopped jalapeño
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 6 ea. slices white bread
- 2 ea. eggs
- 2 T. butter
- Prepare the base: in a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork until chunky-smooth. Add onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt, and mix until well combined. Fold in the bacon then spread guacamole onto a serving platter.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack each egg into hot skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes until whites are fully set and yolk is still runny.
- Drizzle queso over guacamole on the plate. Top with the fried eggs.
- Toast bread slices. Remove from toaster and spread butter onto toast while still hot. Cut each slice of bread lengthwise into thin strips for dipping & dunking.
ADDITIONAL INSPIRATIONS: You could try this with cooked, crumbled sausage, or try spreading the guacamole on full slices of toasted bread and top with the egg for a guac’d out breakfast toast!