Made with Monterey Jack cheese, onions, tomatoes and a blend of Mexican spices, these shrimp quesadillas are delicious for lunch or dinner or Sunday brunch. Slice into bite-sized wedges and serve with salsa, quesadillas are the perfect party food.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped into small pieces
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. chipotle chile powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. minced white onion
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 ea. lemon, juiced
- Cilantro, chopped to taste
- 8 ea. flour tortillas (can substitute corn)
- 3 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 ea. tomatoes, diced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, diced
- In a bowl add shrimp, garlic, paprika, chipotle, salt, and pepper.
- In a hot pan add oil and onions. Cook for a few minutes and add the shrimp and cook until pink. Add the lemon juice and cilantro. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a tortilla on the grill, put the cheese in the center, and top with shrimp, tomatoes, and avocado. Fold the other half of the tortilla and cook until the cheese melts and the tortilla is crispy, about 5 minutes. Do the same with the other tortillas and serve immediately.