A Holly Jolly Avocado Milkshake
Welcome to your new holiday tradition! Decked with green, red, and white ingredients, this avocado milkshake recipe is everything merry and bright.
Related: Treat yourself to even more avocado holiday desserts here.
- 2 c. vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 c. of crushed candy canes (about 5 candy canes)
- 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Avocado From Mexico, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 c. milk
- White chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Festive sprinkles
You’ll Also Need:
- Resealable plastic baggie
- 2 large glasses
- Straws (red or green will look great!)
- Put the candy canes in a resealable plastic baggie. Seal it, then smash the candy with a rolling pin. Smash firmly enough that the candy canes break but gently enough that the bag does not burst. You should aim for pieces about the size of chocolate chips (we’re blending them up later), but smaller, powdered pieces will taste just as good.
- Halve your avocado and scoop out the green goodness from one half. Here’s how to slice and dice an avocado the correct way.
- Now it’s time to shake things up. Scoop the ice cream, crushed candy cane, chocolate chips, avocado half, and milk into the blender. Blend in pulses and stir the chunks of candy out of the bottom as needed. Continue until well combined. Make sure the chocolate chips and candy canes are in small pieces that will easily fit through a straw.
- Separate blended mixture into two glasses and top with whipped cream, white chocolate sauce, and festive sprinkles. Add a whole candy cane and a straw to the glass and sit back to appreciate your masterpiece. Then dig in!
If you’re feeling extra creative, top your holly jolly avocado milkshake with crumbled peppermint bark, maraschino cherries, or chunks of a chocolate bar — the more you add, the merrier the milkshake.
For more good times, browse all our avocado sweet treats.
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.