- 4 ea. large tilapia filets
- 1 ea. large onion, finely diced
- 1 ea. green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 ea. Serrano chile, finely diced
- 4 ea. limes, juiced
- 4 T. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chicken base
- 1/2 c. cilantro, minced
- 6 ea. corn tortillas
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, sliced
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Sauté the onions, green bell pepper, and Serrano chile for 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, soy sauce, and chicken base; bring to a simmer.
- Add in fish and cook for 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, separate the fish into flakes and mix in cilantro.
- Serve fish with corn tortillas and top with avocado slices.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!