- 1 ea. eggplant, sliced thinly, lengthwise
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 ea. egg
- 1/2 ea. ciabatta bread, loaf
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. arugula
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 3 T. parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- Take the slices of eggplant and salt to taste on each side. Allow them to sit for 20-30 minutes, then pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the egg. Place breadcrumbs in another bowl. Dip the eggplant in the egg and then dredge each piece of eggplant in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan at medium-high heat, then add the eggplant and allow it to cook on each side until golden, approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove the eggplant from the pan and place on paper towels to absorb the oil.
- While eggplant is cooking, slice ciabatta loaf in half lengthwise, then in half horizontally and open both halves.
- Evenly distribute the mayonnaise between each piece of bread, then layer the eggplant and arugula. Top with slices of avocado, sprinkle on parmesan cheese and serve.