Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1-1/2 lb. firm, ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, or Oaxaca cheese, thickly sliced
- 1 c. cilantro, leaves and some stem, roughly chopped
- 1 ea. garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 t. granulated sugar
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- Put the cilantro, olive oil, vegetable oil, vinegar, garlic clove, sugar and salt in a blender and puree until smooth. The vinaigrette may be made ahead of time and kept tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Shake vigorously or whisk before using.
- Alternate slices of tomato, mozzarella and avocado on a large platter or individual salad plates. Spoon a generous amount of the cilantro vinaigrette on top.