This traditional Italian salad gets a new twist with avocados. Mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil and avocados are served with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing that will delight your guests. The colors are perfect for a holiday meal or during the summertime when tomatoes are picked straight off the vine.
- 2 ea. medium tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
- 1 ea. bunch of basil, leaves separated
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- On a large serving platter, layer the slices of tomato, avocado, mozzarella, and basil leaves, fanning them out slightly.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.