Looking for a new twist on your enchiladas? These creamy, flavorful chicken enchiladas are topped with avocado sauce and sprinkled with Manchego cheese, fresh cilantro and are a great week night dinner for your family or party pleaser for a gathering. Plus, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is a good source of fiber (11% of the DV) and is a great way to add variety to your diet.
- 12 ea. corn tortillas, warmed or briefly griddled
- 1 ea. chicken breads
- 1 ea. can evaporated milk
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 t. cilantro powder
- 1 T. chicken bouillon
- 2 ea. Serrano peppers, seeded
- 1-1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 c. grated Manchego cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken breast, and season water with salt and pepper. Boil chicken for 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from water and allow to cool. Once cool enough to handle, shred the chicken.
- In a blender add evaporated milk, avocados, cilantro powder, chicken bouillon, the Serrano chiles and water, blend for 5 min.
- Place chicken inside warmed tortillas and roll them closed. Place into a baking dish. Pour avocado sauce over rolls, sprinkle Manchego cheese on top, and put in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve 3 enchiladas on the plate with chopped fresh cilantro.