- 12 EA Tortillas, street taco, white corn
- 1 lb Strip skirt steak
- 2 EA Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1 EA Jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 EA Onion, diced medium
- 1 T Lime juice, optional
- 1/2 t Chili powder
- 1/2 t Cumin
- To taste Salt and pepper
- To garnish Cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle steak with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a medium, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook steak, turning once, until browned on both sides but still pink inside - approx. 2-3 min per side.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut steak into slices.
- Lay tortillas on a plate and evenly distribute steak, onion, and avocado.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime juice.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!