- 8 ea. smoked turkey breast, 1 oz. each, sliced
- 4 ea. ciabatta bread loaves, hoagie-size
- 4 ea. gouda cheese, sliced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 2 c. fresh arugula
- 8 ea. small dried tomatoes in olive oil, slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut each ciabatta loaf in half. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and toast the bread in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While bread is toasting, cut each slice of cheese in half. Once bread is toasted, remove from oven and begin to layer the sandwich. Put 2 halved cheese slices on the bottom slice of each sandwich bread and allow cheese to slightly melt.
- Next layer 2 slices of turkey on each sandwich and evenly distribute the arugula and dried tomatoes.
- Finally, add avocado slices and top piece of bread to each sandwich and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!