- 3 ea. medium beets, scrubbed & dried
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ea. medium Granny Smith apples
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico
- 1/2 ea. lemon
- 1/2 c. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c. parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 T. pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat the beets with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and season with1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Individually wrap each beet with aluminum foil. Place beets on a baking sheet and roast for 45 to 60 minutes, until they are fork tender.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel off the skin. Slice the peeled beets crosswise.
- Cut the avocado in half crosswise and remove the pit and skin. Continue to slice crosswise into rings. Squeeze lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Prepare the apples the same way as the avocado. Remove the core but do not peel the skin.
- Divide the beets, apples, and avocados into 6 servings. On each serving dish alternate and stack the beet, apple, and avocado slices. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles and garnish with parsley and pine nuts.