- 8 ea. slices of bread
- 1 lb. lump or jumbo crab meat, cooked & roughly chopped
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1/2 c. watercress
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 2 T. butter, softened
- 1 T. chives, minced
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/8 t. white pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice, pepper and salt to taste. Add crab meat and stir until well combined.
- Spread butter on each slice of bread. Arrange avocado on buttered side of 4 bread slices. Top with crab mixture and watercress. Cover with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side down.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 triangles and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!