Turn a basic sub into a delicious sandwich with the addition of avocado! Easy to make for a lunch or as a party appetizer, chicken sandwiches are a crowd and taste bud pleaser. Pair with sweet potato chips, whole grain crackers or side salad to make a complete meal. Beyond being delicious, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is sodium and cholesterol free, and contributes nearly 20 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and phytonutrients.
- 2 ea. chicken breast, grilled
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 1 ea. medium tomato, sliced
- 2 ea. lettuce leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 ea. 6-inch sandwich rolls, sliced lengthwise
- On bottom halves of rolls, layer lettuce, tomato, chicken, and avocados; season with salt and pepper. Cover with top halves of rolls.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!