- 2 ea. 8-oz. cans pineapple rings, 1/2 c. juice reserved
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 ea. bone in, center-cut pork chops, about 3/4" thick
- 1-1/2 t. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 t. ground pepper
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted & skin removed
- 1 ea. small red onion, peeled & cut into 1/2" rings
- 1 ea. jalapeño pepper, halved & seeded
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- Prepare the marinade: In a baking dish, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and 1 T. lime juice.
- Season pork chops with 1 t. salt and ground pepper. Add to marinade dish and turn to coat. Let sit, turning occasionally while you prepare the salsa.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place pineapple rings, avocados (flat side down), onion, and jalapeño on grill and cook, until beginning to soften and grill marks appear, around 3 to 4 minutes per side (remove avocados after first 3 to 4 minutes). Remove from heat, roughly chop all vegetables, and place in bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and remaining 1 T. lime juice, remaining 1/2 t. salt to bowl with and mix well. Let rest.
- Then, place pork chops on hot grill and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side until no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve hot pork chops with a heaping serving of pineapple-avocado salsa.