Full of farro, Brussels sprouts, avocado, pine nuts, goat cheese, currants and topped with a basil pesto vinaigrette, this bowl is a bistro-style dream! Sweet, savory and loaded with flavor, this bowl can be served alone or topped with salmon or chicken for added protein!
- 4 c. Farro, cooked
- 4 c. Brussels sprouts, chopped
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 ea. Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 c. Pine nuts, toasted
- 1 c. Honey goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. Currants, chopped
- 3 T. Avocado oil
- 8 ea. Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Basil Pesto Vinaigrette
- 1/2 c. Basil
- 1/3 c. Avocado oil
- 1/4 c. Pine nuts, toasted
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 2 T. Parmesan, shredded
- 4 ea. Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet on medium heat, warm avocado oil and add Brussels sprouts, onion and garlic. Cook for approximately 10 minutes while constantly stirring and salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Basil Pesto Vinaigrette: In a blender, add basil, avocado oil, pine nuts, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and garlic. Blend until thoroughly combined and salt and pepper to taste.
- In large bowls, evenly distribute the farro, Brussels sprouts mixture, avocado, pine nuts, goat cheese, currants and evenly drizzle with the basil pesto vinaigrette.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!