Barbacoa, avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro and queso fresco are the perfect combination for this winning dish! This wrap makes a great light and healthy lunch!
- 8 ea. Butterhead lettuce leaves
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 1/2 c. Tomato, diced
- 1/4 c. Queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 c. Onion, diced
- 1/4 c. Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. Beef brisket, uncooked
- 1 c. Beef broth
- 1/4 ea. Red onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 ea. Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Lime, juiced
- 1-1/2 T. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 ea. Chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1 ea. Bay leaf
- Salt, to taste
- For the barbacoa: In a large crockpot, add beef brisket, beef broth, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, chipotle in adobo and bay leaf. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the beef can easily pull apart and salt to taste.
- Place the lettuce leaves on plates.
- Evenly fill leaves with barbacoa, tomato, onion, avocado, queso fresco and cilantro to form lettuce wraps.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!