- 1 - 1/2 c. quinoa, cooked
- 2 c. broccoli, cooked
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 2 ea. eggs, beaten
- 2 ea. scallions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c. seasoned breadcrumbs
- water, as needed to add moisture
- Guac Topping
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 T. lime juice
- 2 T. cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 t. kosher salt
- Additional Toppings
- 1 ea. large tomato, sliced
- 4 ea. leaves (1 cup) Bibb lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place quinoa, broccoli, olive oil, lemon juice, eggs, scallions, garlic into a food processor and pulse until well-combined. Add breadcrumbs and pulse until mixed together. *Add cheese to mixture, as desired. The mixture should be moist. If mixture crumbles easily, add water until you can combine into a ball.
- Form quinoa mixture into 4large patties.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray until coated. Bake patties in the oven until they are firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork. Add lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- Serve 1 quinoa “burger” patty topped with guac topping, tomato and lettuce.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!