Air-Fried Avocado Frites and 5 Dipping Sauces
Foodies around the world are talking: Air fryers are hot right now. Of course, we wanted to get in on the action, so we’re sharing our very own recipe for air-fried avocado frites. These golden-brown morsels are delicious appetizers at any event — and they’re made even more appetizing by our favorite dipping sauces!
Related: Explore all the ways to serve guacamole as an appetizer here.
Air-Fried Avocado Frites Recipe
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced lengthwise
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray as needed
- Slice your Avocados From Mexico lengthwise. (Here’s how to do it like a pro.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs with salt and black pepper. (Like it hot? Add cayenne pepper and chili powder to this bowl for a spicier batter.)
- Separate all-purpose flour and panko breadcrumbs into two bowls.
- Dredge each avocado slice in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip the floured avocado slice into egg mixture and then dredge in the panko breadcrumbs, pressing lightly to adhere. Repeat with all slices.
- Place the avocado wedges into the air fryer’s basket and cook at 400°F for 9 to 11 minutes. Turn them over halfway through cooking. Let cool before eating.
These five fantastic dips and dunkers are our gift to you, so you don’t have to go looking all over the Internet for the perfect sauce to dip your avocado frites in. Each one is easy to make and incredibly delicious.
Happy dipping! If you’re still hungry for more, check out the extensive catalog of recipes over at our avocado recipe page.
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.