Homemade Ramen with Avocado: Mexican-Japanese Fusion
Whether you grew up with it or discovered the instant version in college, ramen is about as heartwarming as it gets. That’s why we’ve combined a classic Japanese ramen with Avocados From Mexico.
This recipe is a fusion cuisine like nothing you’ve tried before. Beginning with the simple umami of broth and classic ramen noodles, this recipe is made unique by its flavorful twist: jalapeño heat, cilantro, and smooth, creamy Avocados From Mexico.
So if you can’t decide between Mexican and Japanese — don’t! With this Mexican-Japanese fusion bowl, you won’t have to compromise your cravings.
Related: Discover more fusion fun with Jax’s list of international guacamole recipes.
Avocado Ramen Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 3 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 32 oz. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 16 oz. dried ramen noodles
- 1/2 c. shiitake mushrooms
- 4 sheets seaweed snack
- 2 Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- To soft-boil the eggs, place them in a small pot and cover with about 1 inch of cold water. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, peel the eggs and slice them in half. If they are still hot, run under cold water until manageable.
- Heat the oil and butter over medium heat in a large pot until butter is melted. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the soy sauce, chicken broth, and mushrooms. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are soft. Season broth with salt to taste.
- Add ramen noodles to broth and cook as directed, usually around 2-3 minutes. In the bottom of each serving bowl, place one sheet of seaweed snack. Divide noodles between serving bowls and place atop the seaweed snacks. Add broth to each bowl, leaving room for generous toppings.
- Top each serving with half an egg, avocado slices, jalapeño slices, cilantro, and green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Feeling adventurous? Find more inspiration on our avocado recipe page. Let’s get cookin’!
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.