Featuring black-eyed peas and chipotle peppers, this guacamole has a bit heartier texture and bursts with flavor from a blend of garlic, lime juice, cilantro, green onion and chopped tomato. Serve with chips or crackers. It’s the perfect way to start the New Year.
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1/2 c. black-eyed peas
- 1/2 c. tomato, seeded & diced small
- 1/4 c. green onions, finely chopped
- 4 ea. garlic cloves, roasted & minced
- 1 T. chipotle chile, finely chopped
- 2 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 T. lime juice
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocados and black-eyed peas until chunky-smooth.
- Fold in tomatoes, green onions, garlic, chipotle, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!