- 1 T. butter
- 1/4 c. cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 t. ground red pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1-1/2 T. mayonnaise
- 1 T. yellow mustard
- 1 T. shallots, minced
- 1 T. cilantro, minced
- 1 T. vinegar
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 t. sugar
- 1/2 ea. lemon, juiced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- Cook shrimp in simmering water until done. Drain and roughly chop into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add cashews and ground red pepper. Toss until cashews are coated and slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp, mayonnaise, mustard, shallots, cilantro, vinegar, red pepper flakes, sugar, and lemon juice; mix until well combined.
- Carefully fold in avocados.
- Garnish with cashews.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!