- 1 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. kosher or fine sea salt
- 1/2 c. Avocado From Mexico, mashed
- 1/4 c. + 1 T. sugar
- 1/4 c. + 1 T. light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 ea. large egg
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, use hand-held mixer on medium speed to beat avocado with sugar and brown sugar until dissolved. Add egg and beat until well mixed.
- On low speed, blend in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie on a lightly greased baking pan, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 6 minutes. Using a flexible spatula, gently shape cookies to make them round and about 1/2 inch thick. Bake 6 to 9 more minutes, until cookies are golden on the edges and slightly firm to the touch in the center.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then use wide spatula to transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
- Note: The baking ratio for replacing butter or oil with Avocado is 1:1.
- Variations: Add 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, if desired.