Party Pro Life Hacks
By: M. Elise Giller
Party planning can be exciting — and stressful. Don’t let all the little details overwhelm the actual event. We’ve put together a list of creative life hacks for party planning, so you can sit back and relax. Your next party is going to be a breeze!
- Use frozen water balloons in your cooler to keep drinks cold and avoid the mess of melting ice cubes. Simply fill with water, freeze, and place among the drinks in your cooler.
- Don’t let ice cream cones and popsicles ruin your favorite party clothes. Put mini marshmallows in the bottom of ice cream cones to stop leaks, and use cupcake liners under popsicles to catch drips.
- Watered-down drinks are a thing of the past.
- Use frozen fruit to keep beverages cold and pretty, or larger ice blocks, which melt more slowly.
- Make whipped cream in a jar by shaking it — no more whisking or extra bowls to wash!
- Dish out condiments like ketchup, mustard, and guacamole in muffin tins for easy access and cleanup.
- Chill wine bottles quickly by putting ice, water, and two handfuls of salt in a bucket. Add the bottles, let them sit for 20 minutes, and you’re golden.
- Banish flies from your backyard cookout! Put whole cloves in lemon halves, then place them on your patio table about 30 minutes before you serve food.
- Use a cooler to cook corn on the cob. Place the cobs in the cooler, pour boiling water on them, and shut the lid for 30 minutes. It saves space and time, and guests can serve themselves.
- Forget the scoop: Save time and your wrist by cutting an ice cream carton in half with a sharp knife and doling out slices as if it were a cake.
For more party planning tips, click here.