- 2 Avocados from Mexico halved pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 small Red ripe tomato Diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves Chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Jalapeño Stem and seeds removed finely diced (optional)
- 2 lbs ground sirloin Formed into four patties
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 Slices cheddar cheese
- Green leaf lettuce
- 2 Red tomatoes Sliced
- 1 small Onion Peeled thinly sliced
- Prepare the guacamole: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, salt and jalapeño. Stir to combine and then set aside while preparing the burgers.
- Prepare the burgers: Season each patty with steak seasoning on both sides before cooking. You can use a skillet, grill pan, or a grill over high heat to cook your burgers to desired degree of doneness.
- When the burgers are almost finished cooking, toast the buns in a toaster oven, a dry skillet, or on the grill. Assemble the burgers by layering the bottom half of each bun with leaves of lettuce, a burger patty, a slice of cheese, slices of onion, and slices of tomato.
- Top with a generous scoop of guacamole, and cover with bun.