The perfect finger food compliment, salsa is a staple addition to any appetizer spread. However, finding a salsa that meets everyone’s preferred spice level can be far from simple.
Combining mild fruit flavors with moderate hits of heat can help serve up the best of both worlds and meet every party goer’s flavor preference. Try this slightly tart and spicy cranberry-avocado salsa recipe at your next group gathering to showcase your appetizer aptitude.
Related: Add this avocado-cranberry mash recipe to savory sandwiches to add color and flavor to your table.
- 3 Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 4 c. fresh cranberries
- 2 T. honey
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
How to Make Cranberry-Avocado Salsa:
To prepare the cranberries:
- Place the cranberries, honey, orange juice, and lime juice in a food processor for creamy salsa. Use the pulse function to blend until the cranberries are chopped to your texture preference. Creamy-salsa lovers will want to process the mixture until the cranberries are finely chopped.
- Move the ingredients to a medium-size bowl.
- Add the jalapeño to the mix and stir.
To prepare the avocado topping:
- Wash your avocado, then cube it.
- Stir in the cubed avocados and cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine avocado topping with the cranberry mixture and serve.
Whether you choose to share with friends and family or enjoy your salsa solo, this tart take on a finger food favorite is sure to become a simple snack go-to. Serve your carefully craft edcran berry-avocado salsa alongside crunchy chips or as a compliment to chicken or turkey.
Visit our avocado recipe page for more avocado salsa, dressing, and sauce ideas.
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.