How to Make Your Own Avocado Foot Scrub
Are hardened heels preventing you from making a splash at the pool? Or are you avoiding your favorite sandals because of those nasty calluses? You work hard to enjoy your time off, so don’t let the evidence of all that effort keep you from having a great summer!
One DIY remedy for getting rid of those rough edges might come from a surprising place: avocados. No need to spend a small fortune on store-bought creams or other potions. With this simple avocado foot scrub recipe, you can put your feet up for an afternoon and be ready to show off smooth soles that night.
This recipe uses the oils in avocado fruit to moisturize your skin, mixed with an acid to help soften calluses. The exfoliating benefits of ground avocado pit and salt break down the built-up dead skin and reveal the new, healthier layer beneath.
Avocado Foot Scrub Ingredients:
- 1 avocado pit
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon or 1 tbsp. of cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. coarse salt
- For the fastest results, dry the pit in the oven on its lowest setting, propping the door open to keep it from burning. If you’re not in a rush, let the pit dry in the sun over the course of a few days.
- When it’s ready, split the pit in quarters and grind it in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- Mix the ground avocado pit into the mashed flesh of one fresh avocado, then add the lemon juice or vinegar, and mix in the spoonful of coarse salt.
- Before applying the avocado foot scrub to your feet, be sure to soak your heels and toes for 20 minutes in warm water. This will soften the hardest spots. Add 1 cup of Epsom salt if you have some.
- Paying most attention to the roughest spots, and moving from toes to ankles, rub the foot scrub into your feet using a circular motion, moving slowly and letting the oils from the avocado hydrate your skin.
- Rinse off with the warm soaking water and dry gently. Put on a pair of cotton socks for a few hours, if you can, to keep your skin moisturized until it’s time to head out and show off your renewed feet!
Find more avocado beauty tips here.
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.