When you’re craving avocados, this recipe’s got you. It’s made with fresh Avocados From Mexico, so you know it’s gonna be goooood. Oh, and don’t forget to bookmark this recipe, because once you try it, you’ll be back for more.
- Butter or romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 ea. chicken breast, grilled and diced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled & sliced
- 1 ea. cucumber, seeded & cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 c. carrots, shredded
- 2 T. mint, finely chopped
- 1 c. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Mango Salsa:
- 1-1/2 c. mango, diced
- 3 ea. stalks of green onion, roughly chopped
- 6 ea. basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded & roughly chopped
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- Mango Salsa: In a blender, add in mangoes, green onions, basil, jalapeños, orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper; blend until smooth. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- To assemble wrap, place chicken, avocados, cucumbers, carrots, mint, and cheese in the center of each lettuce leaf crosswise; drizzle with mango salsa; roll tightly.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!