Crispy beef tacos are a traditional Mexican street food dish and this version doesn't disappoint. Made with all of the typical ingredients, including ground beef, taco seasoning, shredded lettuce and stuffed in a taco shell, top them off with shredded carrots and grated cheese.
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 3/4 c. shredded carrot
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 t. taco seasoning
- 1/2 t. salt, divided
- 1 ea. 12-oz. jar salsa (about 1-1/2 c.)
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 T. lime juice
- 12 ea. taco shells
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 2 c. Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onion; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes; remove 1/2 cup of the onion; set aside.
- Add carrot to onion in skillet; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook and stir until browned, breaking up large chunks as you stir, about 10 minutes; spoon off any fat from pan.
- Stir in taco seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add salsa.
- Cook and stir until hot and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- For guacamole: In small bowl, mash together avocado, cilantro, lime juice, reserved remaining onion, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Divide lettuce equally among taco shells; top each with about 1/4 cup beef mixture.
- Divide 1–1/2 cups of the cheese into shells.
- Top each with guacamole; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.