Are you looking for something delicious to make with your unripe avocados? Try this avocado pickle recipe and you may never look back! They’re simple to make with pickling spices and store well in the fridge for a couple of weeks. Serve with burgers, sandwiches or as an adventurous side dish.
- 1 ea. large (1 pint) mason jar
- 1 c. distilled white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 10 ea. cilantro sprigs
- 2 ea. under-ripe Avocados From Mexico, peeled and sliced
- 1 ea. garlic clove, sliced
- 1 T. black peppercorns
- 1 T. yellow mustard seeds
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- In a medium sauce pan, combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a mason jar, place cilantro sprigs, avocado slices, garlic, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and red pepper flakes. Pour cooled pickling mixture into the jar and seal tightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving or up to 1 month.